Thursday, July 30, 2009

#16

It was getting late. The restaurant was emptying out and the band began to play their last set. He paid the check, since he invited me out. I thanked him and promised that the next dinner would be on me. We rose and began to walk to the exit. We had to pass the greeter on our way out. What would I do? She was a beautiful woman and I wanted to get to know her a little better...just for one night. He didn't mind, so, I gave her my number and invited her to a lounge we were going to. She said she'd be done with work around 12:30 which was perfect. I told her to meet us at 1. It was already 10:45 and I was sure we could find something to do in the meantime. She smiled and said she'd call. I hoped she would. I believed she would. We exited and walked to his car. It was modest but hey, I was used to driving a Bimmer. I was staying at a hotel in the city because I knew it would be a late night and didn't want to do the drive back to Connecticut. We drove to the hotel; found a free parking space a few blocks away; entered the atrium, then elevator...the room was on the 41st floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment